2 GlobeTrotters: Two More Weeks!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Two More Weeks!

One week 'til we leave for Atlanta and two weeks 'til we leave for Rio! Time has really flown by the past few weeks. We've done our test packs but still have a few things we need to squeeze into our backpacks. We may have to do some downsizing!
Last night we had my "farewell" girls night out. Ger, Christine and I hit the town hard. We acted like we were 21. Hehe. It was a great time and a fun send-off. It's a good thing you only get one farewell party though.... :-)
It's finally starting to sink in that we are really doing this. I'm thrilled but at the same time worry about my business losing momentum. I have to keep reminding myself that the bags will be there in 6 months (and they'll even be sewn) - the opportunity to do something like this will not. It's crazy and wonderful and amazing all at the same time. I am so looking forward to all of the new experiences and also the time with Matt. I know we'll have our moments (I get pretty annoying after 24 non-stop hours) but think it will be so great to try new things, push ourselves physically and step outside our comfort zones...and doing all of it together. It will be a great bonding experience and will serve us well when it's time to be parents. I can't wait.

-Jen

1 Comments:

Blogger J. A. MacDuff said...

Fantastic - just found your blog randomly on the Internet while dreaming of foreign lands, wishing I were on the road as well. Truth be told, I'm actually recovering from a year abroad myself, and paying down the loans while I wait for the next trip.

Perhaps you have seen this quote before, if not, consider it a going away present. Congratulations, and best of luck!

"A year to go around the world! A whole twelve months of scenes and curious happenings in far-off foreign lands! You have thought of doing this, almost promised yourself that when you got old enough, and rich enough, and could "spare the time," you too would go around the world. Most of us get old enough; some of us get rich enough; but the time! the time! - to spare the time, to cut loose from goods and lands, from stocks and dreary desks, quit clients, patients, readers, home and friends - ay, and our enemies whom we so dearly love! Full many a promise must be broken and few the voyagers round the world." -

D.N. Richardson, "A Girdle Round the Earth", 1888

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Free Site Counters
Free Website Counters