2 GlobeTrotters: We're watching you...and Travelocity sucks

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

We're watching you...and Travelocity sucks

I added a hit counter today so I can tell how many people are actually looking at this site. We have only sent the link to a few people but will do a mass broadcast before we leave at the end of December.
Anyway, still trying to get things fixed up on the South America trip. Working with Travelocity has been a nightmare. In order to change our paper tickets they told me to FedEx them to their Office in San Antonio. I dutifully did so and then found out after over 3 hours on hold that I actually needed to take the tickets to Delta to get them changed. So I told them to FedEx them back to me. That was a week ago. I called them again yesterday and they hadn't sent them out!! So they promised to overnight them and told me "not to worry. They will be there in the morning." Guess what? It's 2pm and no tickets? I'm not impressed.
We also had a bad experience with Travelocity on our honeymoon. We booked a hotel through them in Germany and when we checked out the front desk guy told us we payed twice the normal rate. So much for guaranteed lowest rate!! The hotel was nice though and deducted our parking and breakfast from what we had overpaid to Travelocity. Bunch of cheaters.
Ok, enough ranting from the crazy lady.
We've been stocking up on all our gear for the trip. Matt packed his backpack this weekend to make sure it would all fit :-) Do you think he is a little excited?
--Jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Free Site Counters
Free Website Counters