2 GlobeTrotters: What the heck?

Monday, October 24, 2005

What the heck?

So you are probably wondering who we are and what we're doing. We're two pretty regular people with a definite itch to travel. Even though we have lived overseas we are still eager to see new parts of the world and even to go back to places we have been. It's almost as if the more we see the more we want to see. I love architecture, Matt loves adventure and we both love learning about different cultures and people. I'm a foodie so I try to eat my way through my travels. Matt generally obliges. He's a marathoner. I try to love running but I just don't! My nose is stuck in a book as much as possible...I'm pretty good at entertaining myself that way on long flights or while on the beach.

Last month I quit my corporate job. What a great feeling. Now I am working on getting my bag business up and running. Diaper bags, hand bags and someday professional bags too. Help support us by shopping at www.jennynorene.com. I hope to have the site up by the end of November with a few products. I'm going to try to have a few items available while we are traveling.

Matt is still working (someone has to bring home the bacon) and is hoping to get a leave of absence. I think he is looking forward to a break from the daily grind.

So where are we going? First stop Rio. We're going to ring in the New Year in the ultimate party destination. Should be interesting for us boring people! As they say, when in Rome.... We're spending two months in South America. From Rio we will do a few side trips and then head to Iguazu Falls. We'll spend about a week and a half in Argentina, mostly around Buenos Aires and then over to Santiago, Chile. A few days checking out the city there and then some time at the coast and in the mountains. Our final stop on the South American tour is Peru. We'll travel around the country with the highlight being hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and then nature watching in the Amazon. I'm also very excited about the home stay on Lake Titicaca...I get chills just thinking about how amazing that will be.

After that a sailing excursion and an around-the-world ticket...but I'll tell you about that later.

Ciao,
Jenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Free Site Counters
Free Website Counters